There are 5 categories of problems:
- Cryptography (crypto) - These problems are all about breaking codes.
- Algorithms (algo) - For these you will have to think creatively about how to compute things efficiently.
- Forensics (forensics) - Forensics problems involve discovering hidden data and information, oftentimes involving looking at files in unusual ways.
- Exploitation (exploit) - Traditional "hacking" and cybersecurity skills, aimed at breaking into software, are at the heart of these problems. We'll be releasing these problems April 15th.
- Reversing (reverse) - These problems are all about figuring out how a program works, even if it is obfuscated.